“Music knows no boundaries,” announced David Rodigan on Alborosie's debut album. “Music is an international force, an international language. From Sicily to Kingston, Jamaica, this is Alborosie. Real, authentic reggae music.”
Twelve years later and the Sicilian-born Alborosie headlines festivals around the world and has earned the respect of the entire reggae industry. A talented writer, producer and multi-instrumentalist who sings as well as deejays, he’s lived in Kingston for over a decade and is now a leading light of Jamaica's resurgent music scene thanks to a series of widely acclaimed albums on Greensleeves.
The latest is Unbreakable: Alborosie Meets The Wailers United, released on June 29th and that's shared with members of Bob Marley's former backing band The Wailers.
“Bob Marley was one of my idols," says Alborosie. "He was the greatest in terms of spirituality, musicality and everything else but this is about the Wailers, because they have a chemistry that goes beyond Bob. They are a legendary band and until the end of time their name will always be there. That's why I call the album Unbreakable because it's the sound of the musicians themselves and when they come together, it's just magic."
Event Disclaimers & Policies
- Ticket purchases are subject to the tkx Terms and Conditions and the tkx Ticket Service Agreement.
- Tickets purchases are non-refundable.
- Duplicate tickets will not be admitted.
- Ticket holders may be subject to search to enter.
- No backpacks or oversized purses/bags/totes are allowed.
- No professional cameras are permitted without a photo pass from the artist or venue. Film and/or point and shoot cameras are allowed.
- No weapons of any kind allowed.
- Alcohol purchases limited to those 21+ with a valid state-issued photo ID.
- Any questions? Contact email@example.com
Tuesday, April 16th, 2024
Doors open at 7:00pm
Age Restriction 18+
Alborosie: For the Culture U.S. Tour with special guests F.Y.A.H. and Jwadi, Alborosie, F.Y.A.H., Jwadi